Italian Fusion Festival 2018
Where Ireland meets Italy
The Italian Fusion Festival is an event that will take place on the 8th d of July in Dublin from 3 o’clock ’til 11pm at The Grand Social, Liffey Street, Dublin 1 (beside the Ha’penny Bridge). The festival is organised by Radio Dublino, the only Italian language radio program in Ireland, running since 2013. Festival Funder and Director: Maurizio Pittau,
The festival aims at promoting cultural exchanges between Italy and Ireland through several bands based in Ireland whose music is the result of the collaboration between Irish and Italian musicians. All participating bands have performed on Radio Dublino shows and offer an exciting overview of the latest music trends in the Dublin scene. The festival holistic lineup spans from jazz, folk, trad, blues to rock music.
The Italian Fusion Festival 2018 is:
- 8 Live Acts
- Italian Food Stalls
- Vespa Exhibition
- Short Video Competition
- Workshops of Italian and Irish trad music, Italian gestures and traditional Irish and Italian music instruments.
The Italian Fusion Festival Festival goals are:
- To raise awareness about new trends in Irish music resulting from the encounter of musicians with Irish and Italian backgrounds.
- To provide an opportunity for local mixed bands to perform live and increase their visibility.
- To promote integration within the Italian community in Ireland.
- To offer a platform for new music contaminations and developments in multicultural Dublin.
More info: http://www.italianfusionfestival.com
About the organiser of the Event
Radio Dublino is a weekly Italian radio magazine broadcasted since 2013 every Wednesday on Near FM at 9.30 pm. Near FM is a not for profit cooperative run by volunteers who manage their programmes autonomously and independently.
The programme managed by volunteers, addresses the Italian community in Dublin, Irish speakers of Italian and all residents in Ireland interested in Italian culture, Italian music and Italian language.
More info www.radiodublino.com